Interview with Justin Garrison
This is a special episode, we have Andre Almar, Head of DevOps & Cloud at Grupo Mult | Co-Founder DevOps Bootcamp, and Justin Garrison, co-author of the book Cloud Native Infrastructure. We'll discuss Cloud Native and Immutable infrastructure, what they are really, and much more.
- We have been talking about and implementing Cloud Native Infrastructure for some time, an immutable part of the infrastructure and a game changer in my opinion. What’s the core of Cloud Native Infrastructure, in your opinion?
- What is the importance to distinguish between “infrastructure as code” and “infrastructure as software”?
- What do you think about immutable infrastructure point-to-point, when you run IAAS, K8s, Docker etc.
- It is feasible to think that we can achieve Cloud Native Infrastructure in On-Premises environments? If so, how to do that?
- Our architecture increasingly becomes more complicated and we always need more. What do you think about the cloud SAAS offers ?
- I’ve seen more and more people saying that they are adopting Cloud Native Architecture and microservices. What is the weakest spot, or the security point, that everyone should double check?
- I’m already running a Cloud Native Infrastructure with Cloud Native apps deployed on it. What are the next steps? I mean in terms of evolution of my Cloud Native stack.
- How hard it was to write the Cloud Native Infrastructure Book?
For the recommendations of the week we have:
André: Cloud Native Infrastructure (by Justin Garrison, Kris Nova)
Justin: Understand the basics, how an ip address and all the network layers works.
João: Relax with Sharknado!
That’s all folks, don’t forget to share! #kubicast
Available on your favorite player: Spotify, Overcast, Itunes ou RadioPublic.